Soul of Sri Lanka...
January 12 to 26, 2018
Sri Lanka is one of the most enchanting places on the planet, an island of serendipity. The island of Sri Lanka surprises you with its intense diversity. Its mix of culture, religions, people, landscapes, wildlife and cuisines offers an incredible range of experiences, which is expanding all the time in the now-peaceful climate. It is easy to get around too – even a short trip could encompass golden beaches, rainforests, tea plantations and mountain ranges. But Sri Lanka is not just naturally beautiful; there are ancient cities, shrines sacred to different faiths, granite-carved fortresses and delicious food. With 16 national parks and eight UNESCO World Heritage Sites, it is a country that is rich in culture, natural splendor and hospitality, just waiting to be rediscovered.
Per person sharing in double occupancy (Land Only): $4,285.00
Single Supplement: $1,275.00
Led by local guides
Price based on a group size minimum of 4 and maximum of 12 participants
Your tour includes
- Transportation in an air-conditioned Deluxe Micro for groups of up to 6 people & Deluxe Coaches for groups of 7 -12
- The exclusive services of an English speaking National Guide throughout the tour (from arrival to departure)
- All applicable Entrance Fees as per the above itinerary
- Dinner Box at the festival on Day 2
- Dinner at Gallery Café on Day 3
- Dinner at local house Day 4
- Dinner at Cinnamon Lodge Habarana Day 5
- Lunch at Priyamaligedera with cooking demo on Day 5
- Lunch at Spice Garden on Day 6
- Lunch with Jacques Soullier on Day 7
- Tea with Rahju on Day 8
- Picnic lunch during the train journey from Nanu Oya to Ella on Day 10
- First class reserved seats from Nanu Oya to Ella on Day 9
- Jeep hire at Yala National Park
- Two safaris to Yala National Park
- Tour and lunch at Lunuganga on Day 15
- Daily mineral water during sightseeing and transfers
- Porter tips at hotels and shoe keepers at temples
- All applicable Government Taxes / Levies as at date
- All applicable Hotel Taxes and Service Charges as at date
Your tour does not Include:
international flight, airport taxes, visa fee (currently $35), tips at meals even when the meals are included, tips to guide and driver, travel insurance, camera and video fees, early check-in or late check-out, personal expenses such as laundry, phone calls, drinks.
II Active – Some hikes, slightly more demanding walks at or to sites, few elevations, comfortable but busy schedule and some long rides.
*** Superior: Lodges and hotels with additional amenities, refined service and comfort level acceptable to western standards. (3 or 4 stars)
Extra cost for additional night at hotel in Colombo: $208 per person twin share, $188 single room
Extra cost for arrival transfer if not on day 1: $52 per person solo, $26 per person 2 people sharing the car
Extra cost for late night check-out Day 16: $73 per person twin share, $145 single room.
Meals: We have selected a variety of wonderful special restaurants for some meals together as a group. The dinners included at Cinnamon Lodge in Habanara are buffets at their main restaurant. The quality of the food is excellent and much variety is offered. The property has 2 other restaurants so you may like to skip the buffet to try one of the others on the 2nd night. Sorry no refunds can be given for the buffet dinner (the cost is included in room rate). We have left some of the meals open where we know there are many options so you can select from menus what you like.