Saudi Arabia.. The Forbidden Kingdom (2017)
Though people of various cultures have lived on the Arabian Peninsula over a span of more than 5,000 years, the harsh climate historically prevented much settlement, except in major oases. Most of the great empires of the ancient world traded with the Arabian Kingdoms that commanded the important spice trade routes in the peninsula. The country’s main attraction and its hidden treasure is the UNESCO World Heritage site of Madain Saleh. It is considered second only to the famous Petra in Jordan in terms of Nabatean architectural remains. Colorful markets, desert landscapes, coral reefs, rock engravings, ancient monuments, the country has so much to offer to those who choose to venture in it and explore a nation that is seldom exposed to the eyes of the outsiders.
Price List - Best arriving Tuesdays
1 person $6,775.00 based on single room occupancy
2 people $5,775.00 per person sharing in double
3 people $4,225.00 per person sharing in double
4-6 people $3,775.00 per person sharing in double
Single Supplement $520.00
- Domestic airfares (Riyadh/Al Ula/Jeddah).
- Transfers airport/hotel/airport.
- Accommodation at Riyadh hotel (4*) or similar in Riyadh, Arac hotel (3*) or similar in Al Ula and Read Sea Palace (5*) or similar in Jeddah.
- All meals as listed (B: Breakfast, L: Lunch and D: Dinner).
- All entrance fees to visited sites (mentioned in the itinerary).
- English speaking guides at the various cities.
- Using A/C car for transportation and 4x4 vehicles.
- Visa invitation letter.
- Bottled water on touring days.
Tour Does Not Include:
- International Airfare (Call for airfares).
- Saudi Arabia Visa (currently $249.00 including fees - subject to change).
- Items of a personal nature, i.e. souvenirs, laundry, phone calls, emails, etc.
- All gratuities to guide, porters, drivers, hotel and restaurant staff etc.
- Dayroom or extra hotel nights necessitated by airline flight schedule changes.
- Travel protection insurance.
Saudi Arabia is a dry country. Alcohol is absolutely forbidden (as are narcotics and pornographic materials). Dress is modest and women do NOT need to cover their heads but have to wear long gowns (abayas) at all times (which will be provided by the agency in Saudi Arabia). Be advised that you will be fingerprinted and undergo a retinal scan upon arrival in the country. Also be aware that everything in the Kingdom shuts down between noon and 3 pm every day as well as several other times during prayers and often the group will be returned to the hotel for some free time during these periods. In addition, sometimes sites can be closed for no foreseen reasons or authorities can also deny visit of certain places without prior notice and we (STS) are not responsible for any such events/acts.
Program can be also extended to be 8 or 9 nights adding the southern ABHA region.
Our Saudi trip can be combined with any of the Gulf States nearby.